Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day Is All Hype!

Isn't it? Isn't it?
All this goddamn pressure to be romantic
'extra' affectionate, go out and scream couple-hood
pay extortionate prices for mediocre set meals.

Puh-leeease.

Do me a favour, make everyday special
not just one.

I can't even remember what I did last year
looking back in the archives
it says I watched Prime with my aunt
ate at Pastasia
and it was also the first time I spoke to MTP (;
and walked down 13 flights of stairs so as to not
get cut off with her

The archives also show Feb 06
as a pretty eventful month
woo-ed by a beng and all
LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am really beginning to like Tuesdays,
its the evening I go out and leave the men
to fend for themselves at supper
most times I buy them ready meals
but today I prepared half a meal for them to finish and heat
when they wanted to eat

The thing is, it being my one night away
when I come home, they seem so subtly thrilled
that I am home, and both gather around the
supper table (even though they've eaten)
a chatter a mile a minute with me

Feels nice, this unspoken appreciation.

Today's hot topic was that tomorrow, YM
for the first time in his life, will attempt to ask a girl out
Dadman I think, is almost as nervous as YM
"You have to be nonchalant, no matter what the reaction,"
he says, just about every 5 minutes

"God, shut up dad, you're making me even more nervous!" says YM

'You have to be nonchalant, keep your cool."

"Aja, is this a broken record or what?" complains YM

And its sweet, it really is, because we're all
so nervous and excited for him.

'"So yes" I say, "Take her to a movie, and for god's sake
don't try and touch her!"

"Yes," agrees Dadman "Take her to the back row and.."
Dadman jokingly trails off and claps his hand over his mouth

YM and I simultaneously clap our hands over our
ears and scream

"Next you'll be telling me to lock my room door
like you and mummy did 2 weeks ago on your
anniversary night!" shrieks YM

:O

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good day, y'hear? *wink*

Julsgp said...

hahaha... Happy Valentines day girl!
Hahah put a cowboy hat outside the doorknob

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary I guess. ;-)