Saturday, February 24, 2007

Looking Within

2 am, Saturday morning,
Percy and I are getting hot and heavy this weekend

I was thinking of Newton's third law:
Every action has a equal and opposite reaction
that led to the usual stimulating
mind discussions with myself.

Do you ever examine yourself?
(not, physically lah)

I mean, why you do the things you do,
think the things you think
when pertaining to another person?

A lot of us react without analysing
why we are reacting this way
and I think a lot, not only never come
to terms with 'why I am being like this'
but also never learn to tell the complete truth
about their feelings

Which leads to missed opportunities, if anything

I know a guy who was in love with his
bestfriend for years and never had
the courage to tell her, then she got
engaged to someone else

then there are the tragic stories
feuds left unresolved, someone dies
people regret forever

Thing is, why regret?
What do you have to lose by telling the truth about
how you feel?
A bit of face maybe, but heck, you had the guts to
do it at least

Saying "I'm sorry"

"I love you"

"You did good"

for a start, makes people's day
helps them through, no matter what you think,
no matter your excuse, ' Oh I don't have to tell them,
they know'..that's not good enough.

Probe your inner self,
lay your heart bare, tell someone the truth

if you did wrong

if you love or like

if you don't agree

if you still love

if you think telling your troublesome
teenager you love and are only looking out for them will fall on deaf ears,
you're wrong, they will remember one day
and it will give them a little nudge someday

If someone is going and you know you can't stop them
at least tell them how you really feel

But figure yourself out first (; because when you
react without thinking about why, if negatively,
you unwittingly push people farther away from you

There is only now, this life.

Oh life! So much to muse about
my brain is working on overdrive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was thinking of Newton's third law..." ...in you free time? Wow.

I have a tendancy to overanalyze stuff...I think I'm probably anal too..though I wouldn't admit it...or to my OCD either...but my nonexistant shrink says that's the nonexistant Prozac I'm on speaking. But overanalyzing stuff can make you miss opportunities too...cuz there is that over worrying thing and the fear of committing to something (oh the doubt) that makes you hold back. So it's all Catch-22 eh. But I get what you mean...tragic eh. It's all about picking up your nuts (or whatever girls have to pick up) and diving in sometimes. A leap of faith. Not everything can be reasoned out. Sometimes you just gotta do it and pray that it works out (actually it would probably be better to pray first).

PS. Speaking of memories...saw that you had an article published in the Star on Sunday. I was like...'lemme at them comics' (It's the first thing that I read...shut up...you all do it too even if you won't admit it!)...tee hee...*flips page* Wa-HEY! I recognise that face! Congrats. Touching piece too...

Anonymous said...

babe...

is this some sign towards my 'tell, don't tell' dilema at the moment?

for the very first time in my life, my jedi council is actually split into two on this particular issue.

then i looked up to the skies and said 'give me a sign lah...puhhhhllleaaaaze'

and then i read your blog. is this a sign??? earlier, two people just told me don't tell.

But i agree with the line 'If someone is going and you know you can't stop them
at least tell them how you really feel'

But I aso takut lah...

Eaglet said...

Hahah no its not a sign la, just something I was thinking of and happens to coincide with your dilemma. (=


It will come to you. And if you do decide to tell, remember the way you deliver it is important too.

X

Anonymous said...

babe...

wat do you mean way of delivery??? ughhhh...you're confusing me laaaa.

i'm not supposed to be too cloying and mushy but yet not too direct rite? tall order.

sometimes i think speaking straight from the heart is the best but presentation might go down if we follow the heart. somehow it will come out cacat.

bleh.