Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Below Zero

Yes, in a sudden sweep of mother nature's wand
Great Britain is experiencing a cold snap
snow is expected today.

Yesterday morning I trudged upstairs
at 7.30 am bleary-eyed
and exhausted from battling a trojan horse
on poor Percy here, all night

Yeah. Got hit by a friggin troj night before last
and spent that whole night and the
whole of yesterday reformatting, then reinstalling
and etc.
I was soooooooooooo going nuts, I mean
I can't do without Percy.
Cannot.

EVERYTHING needs to be re-done.

So, anyway, I was greeted with a thick layer of frost on the wind-screen
got my credit cards out, and YM and I scraped
one half of the glass each
but the novelty of my first frost
excited and awakened me.

Today however, I woke and the frost was even thicker
the temperature was even colder
and it was not motherfucking fun anymore.

Everywhere people are abuzz with the
anticipation of snow.

Woo-hoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In separate news, since the Bee
expresses a distrust for 21-yr olds who might approach me
(since I blogged about one)in my croaking class
I tend to keep my head down at break-time

Yesterday, during routine Q & A in class
a fellow etudiante was asked what he did for a living
and he said "I am a shaman"
There was a split-second of silence,
then we all got over it.

So, break-time right? And I get my coffee,
get my Fair-trade Stem Ginger Cookies,
find a seat at the end of one of the long-tables.

Then Mr.Shaman plonks himself down in front of me.

Up close, he is lanky, his head is an odd shape
elongated-like, slightly banana-ey
he has the shakes something fierce
and his eyes have a strange flickering quality

I am terrified and curious at the same time
I jump straight in with a
"So, shamanism, how does it work?"

And then we have a long conversation
about spirits, and past-lives and alternate universes,
chakras, eternity, divinity
Freaky, but definitely thought provoking.

And all the time, I wondered about those eyes
I wondered if he might be sucking my soul out
I wondered if he was sending shamanic messages through
my optic nerves to nestle in my stem cells
and corrupt my next life

and then, I realised it was just me drinking coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah..for all you know...that shaman was just a figment of your caffeine addled imagination...you freak.
(I'm kidding - I have to put this disclaimer here or risk being torn apart by your support group of friends.)

Meng said...

u shud use a Mac. virus-free, wonderful!