Friday, February 23, 2007

Nasi Melayu-Portabello Rd.

I had come past this store at the end
of the Portabello Market quite a few times
never deigned to go inn because it didn't look posh enough
like your regular kopitiam/mamak I suppose

But last Sunday I found myself wandering about there
alone, and thought 'Why not?'

The melayu boy who served me was
polite, nice
laughed when I said 'I want the fish curry with bendi,
and gimme me that, no that, no, that!'

Who can make up their mind when faced with the
food of home?being away from home for too long?

So I had Gulai Ikan with Bendi
Kari Kambing, Sambal Terung


"What would you like to drink?" he asked

I hemmed and hawed

"Teh tarik?" he asked, raised eyebrow, smile playing
at his lips

"oh yeah!"

Nasi Melayu.Teh Tarik.London.
7 pounds=RM47
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it was good right? Reminded you of home right? Then mission accomplished. Can't forget your roots...

Anonymous said...

still cannot beat marvista's rice!

Eaglet said...

Nothing. I repeat NOTHING beats Mar Vista.
You rubber inner you.

Simpson: Once a malaysian belly, always...