Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So Anyways

As I was saying yesterday (below)
before I got stalled by TallMeng and had to rush off

At any one time,
if there is an Aja, and there is a Leyna
then there is food.

We are always eating, and can make
an entire trip out of browsing in food stores
and salivating at menus.

Yesterday was no exception.

Leyna sent me a text early..like 8 am
in it she apologised for possibly waking me
and asked if I wanted to do lunch,
she told me not to feel obligated
(eventhough she was buying)

When I replied 'ok'
she text me again, told me to get on MSN
NOW and again not to feel obliged to come

Me, I was worried, I mean what is
so urgent that I needed to 'come online NOW'
at 8.30 am?What was she going to tell me
that I wasn't to feel obligated?
WHAT WAS SO SERIOUS?

Turns out that at 9am, Leyna knew she was going to be
very very very hungry for lunch
(eventhough she was then quaffing doughnuts from Gregg's)

and the very pressing matter that we had to discuss
online NOW?

Menus.
She sent me the links to 5 lunchtime menus
I told her I couldn't decide,
one by one we eliminated 4
and then, our pressing business was done
all was left was to wait for lunchtime to come along.

The weather was the kind that makes you
shake your fist at the sky and go
"Shite bollocking titwanking weather!!@@?# Arrgh"

And yet, despite driving rain and a wonky umbrella
we walked almost horizontally against the wind
and made it to the Thai House

I had wine, she had Singha
I had dumplings, she had satay
I had duck noodles, she had chicken curry
then, we both had a banana fritter with banana
ice-cream.

Oh Goreng Pisang! How we mees you.

er..I just wanted to say, (since were on the 'miss' subject)
that what I miss most about CNY is
the holiday, gambling, the food
especially Chai Choy, and ang pows
oh BTW happy CNY people!

Oh oh oh and the company!
I miss the company!

It is hailing right now as I speak.

So when Leyna and I are finally done eating
I go to catch the train back in time to wake the Bee
but the Bee wakes early and texts
"Where is the love babe?"

I tell him I am on my way home and will
call when I am there.

Then I accidentally get on the wrong train
and lose 20 minutes going the opposite direction
and when I get home he says
"How is it the whole world knows
that you're out for lunch with Leyna, except me?
How is it that you're out of time and have to rush
yet have time to blog it, but no time to tell me?
What am I?2nd place after the blog?"

=O

So then I changed the subject, and told him
about how much I love Goreng Pisang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of the Bee, it is not often that he reads my blog
or if he does, he definately doesn't read it thoroughly
one such example was when I was woken up
at 5 am a few mornings ago, by him

"Baby, what colour are my eyes?" he asked, frantic note
in his voice
"Brown, why?" said I

"But in your blog you said buttercup blue!"
(at this point I could have said, 'what makes you think
I was talking bout you huh?')

But I didn't. Instead I said
"Baby, buttercups are not blue, so it
is irrelevant, I explained it at the end of the post
and don't you be giving me lip if you don't
bother to read or understand it thoroughly!"

5am and they have the cheek to call and ask me
what colour their eyes are.

As if I am blind.

No comments: