Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hey Ohh

So yesterday's snow was supposed to be a one-off
but despite the predictions of weathermen across the country
today, I woke to fat flakes of snow, swirling
across the sky

I went to pick NMTP up from the car service centre
and together we battled slushy roads home
then YM called, school was being closed;
the weather was getting too bad

NMTP went to get him,
and later we three ambled out in the snow
to fetch YM chinese takeaway,
but chinese people (smart as we are)
had decided to stay home for the day

So YM got himself a roast lamb roll at Mr. Lush's
and we trudged uphill, home.

Dadman came home, we had some tea,
later the 4 of us went to the park and
had a snowball fight,
we sloshed our way through sleet and icy puddles
and asked after a young lady who
had gone to turn left on a downhill road
and ended up sliding into a lorry.

Came home, had some tea,
and wondered what the past tense for perfection is
fiddled about on the computer
(everything working!)
exchanged about 20 one liner emails with my cousin
watched one half of Fame
had a brilliant supper
then took myself off to a warm bath
"I am going to listen to music in the bath, so if
someone speaks to me and I don't answer
it doesn't mean I 've drowned," I announce to Dadman and NMTP

"At which point should we presume you're dead and
come and get you?" asks Dadman

"If she's not out by tomorrow morning I expect,"
answers NMTP for me

and now I am out, dry, moisturized and toasty,
listening to Radio 1's Live Lounge online.

SO awesome, I wish I was Jo Whiley.
And that, was my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matey,

Google 'Nova fm' in Australia or 'Fox fm'
They both broadcast online, i reckon u will like..

Singapore Blonde

Eaglet said...

thanks matey, will try!