Monday, February 05, 2007

Saturday Rumble

I have just finished dance
and I am looking like a real chav with my hoodie
sweatpants and sneakers
(my sneakers are Puma F1s complete with Ferari logo)
Go me!

Leyna is to meet me in Starbucks and
does not look impressed when she sees my get-up
I am wearing cream socks too

Nay, I will not let the fashion police get to me!
Besides, I was truly exercising
and when I do decide to get 'stylish'
I might actually have the body for it.

Later at the sushi restaurant
she starts the way she did last time
"Do you have much time? "

I nod an affirmative yes

"Because I really need to have the salmon ramen, and the eel
but I really want sushi too, so I might want
to eat then, take a break, and start
again you know?"

Yes, I know.(=

So we eat, and we eat
and talk about dogging (as in, me asking what it is) and
then this chinese girl comes in
and she is wearing checked pants and checked shoes
and I can barely contain an "OMG"
and disgusted shrug
causing Leyna to turn around to see why I reacted
and I am abashed when she turns back
because hello? I am no Sienna Miller today,
yet I have the cheek to criticise..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you weren't wearing checked pants...what the heck? Until I see them I can't imagine them looking nice...so I think your reaction wasn't too overboard. Caps and shirts are the only acceptable forms of check-iness to me anyway...

Don't feel bad about your gear...I liked to dress like that too when I was in uni (of course it was often wet and cold outside). Comfy yet good enough to go outside in. It's like going to uni in my PJs! Whee! I guess Brits are too metro to appreciate that kinda thing.

Innocent Question: Err...you're not contemplating the swinger lifestyle are you?

Shimmers said...

is sushi as $$$$ there as it is here in pg?

Eaglet said...

Bardy! There are lots of people who are dressed in tracks and trainers, its just that they are associated with a certain image that I don't want to be associated with...

Shimmers: Sushi is expensive, everything is more expensive here.Everything.