Monday, October 03, 2005

What Does It Take To Walk Away From Love?

Allow me a rant.

Seriously, some people come up with the stupidest

most fucking juvenile reasons
to throw good relationships away

as if there's a point to prove
in breaking up.

what point are you proving?
That the smallest bump is enough to say goodbye?
That you are stronger because you can turn your back so easily?

It's not that you're strong
its that you're too much of a coward to
deal with the intensity of what you're feeling
and you think that denying it will make it go away
either that
or you just don't give a shit and it's that easy to let go.

The only thing it does seem to prove

is how bloody
shallow, stubborn and immature people can be

Love is always hard.
It may be all fresh air and sunshine
but at some point, eventually
you're gonna have to put work into it
and that's when you find out
what type of a love it is.

Just because my friends and/or I
go out clubbing with male friends
converse, drink, dance, supp
doesnt mean we're fucking them
or having any kind
relationship
beyond what is commonly known as friendship
we bring our
girlfriends and boyfriends and everyone mingles
try it sometime, it's quite fun.

kanneh some people are so fucking sad
never had platonic relationships with the opposite sex
therefore cannot fathom that other people can have them
take off your blinders la
this is life
In relationships you have to trust
trust in your partner, yourself and your love

People lie all the time in relationships
often to protect their partners
(stupid yes, but sometimes a neccessity)
eventually they find out
you gauge the intensity of the lie
you analyse why they lied
and if you really love
you forgive and forget
(after apologies of course)

Love really isnt easy to come by you know?
it's such a waste to throw it away
over a reason that doesnt even exist
because you're too stubborn to see that you're wrong

just because you can't deal with your own insecurities
can't learn to trust, nor work at keeping your relationship together
doesn't give you the right to blame others
or talk shit about us
You don't know us.
But i suspect that argument is lost on you.

god. I 'm getting worked up over nothing.
I just hate shallow people
I wanna go and slap them and say
"Wake the fuck up!"

I hate seeing my friends hurt
especially over stupid reasons
fanned by neurotic, shallow people
whats worse is that other people believe in them so easily
check your facts la
widen your perspective just a little bit.

I've always believed in fate
and I know this will work it's self out
and someday
someone out there is going to feel
really really stupid
for being so dumb as to throw away so much
over so little.

13 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...

ima call u
i cant take this curiousity
curiosity killed the damn cat
ima dying!

Anonymous said...

No fate but what we make - I got that from Terminator 2. Having said that, I didn't really plan to have diarrhea the other day. What can I say, shit happens.

Anonymous said...

you said love is to work it out, why don't you work it out on how understand the other side. how the other side will hurt by what you can do or what you do. Are you willingly to give up things you like to do just to please a love one. i guess not, your most interest lies in who takes the blame. your just any other common people out there, just like your common friends, i bet they all agree on what your opinion is about, its too common. your too common.

don't bother to reply, your only reading your own words against you.

Anonymous said...

I had a floater once. The doc said its not healthy - need more fibre.

Anonymous said...

Well, i wonder who's the common one here who can't even differenciate "your" from "you're"...
Your envy reeks. Get a life and move on from your insecurities.

And yes,some people are willing to give up they like to do to please a loved one. But sometimes the other side is too self-absorbed to even realise the extent that has been sacrificed for them. Too bad the party that tried so hard is persecuted and judged for trying to protect that person.
If they can't see beyond their nose to even want to understand the truth, then its a loss indeed.

Oh, well. Life goes on and good riddance to bad rubbish.

Eaglet said...

Des: My idea it that you do what you have to do, don't lose sleep over lost paths, because in the end whats meant to be will be.

I never have floaters, mine sink. They sink so much I dont even have to flush.


Queen of England a.k.a. Blog Floater:
Most times you can really sum people up by the way they view and treat others. In this sense, it's calling them commoners. Sweetheart, what do you think this is? Medieval London? I doubt you'd be very popular there considering the vast majority that were commoners. You'd have been stoned.

and please don't come to my blog and tell me what to do.

Yes of course you have to work to make love work. You think I havent been there? Hello, my fiance cheated on me for a year. You think I don't know what the pain of betrayal is like? In the end you gage how much you love the person, and whether you believe in that love.

You give up things within rational means, not your friends, cos who's there when you're down and dumped?
Trust and compromise are definately a better option.

There's such a thing as mistakes, people make them. There's such a thing called forgiveness as well.
I've suspected wrongly and paid the price,apologised. I've suspected right, and been apologised to.

With matters of the heart, when you're caught in turmoil, you can't see what others can. So I guess no one can really say anything until you see it yourself.

Everybody makes mistakes.

But like I said in line 60 of this post....

Anonymous said...

Can I have your diet regime please?

Sharizal said...

been there done that seen it on tv *hugs* 22 will be a better year with better people to meet!

Eaglet said...

Shah:
yay!for turning 22! not.
wanna run and hide. Love, aiyah, always hurts one. But its worth it.

Des: Veg, fruit and coffee? chilli con carne?hahahahaah that'll do you gooooood.
trust me.

Sharizal said...

u know what they say: better to hv love n lost than not have loved at all...

Anonymous said...

Coffee!!! That's the missing link!

mob1900 said...

I'm still blaming the Boobies and Hot sex for keeping us blokes blind!

Eaglet said...

Don't like, don't read. Get the stick out of your arse la. Swearing doesn't make who you are. Just because I swear doesnt mean I'd ignore a blind man on the streets or deny, old woman my arm to cross it, or make a bad mother.

I wouldnt want a man who thought that way, nor consider him decent.My parents always exposed me to swear words since young cos its reality dear, no moddlycoddling and protected ears and eyes. and they brought me up just fine.

Shallowness will get you know where.