Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dun Say I Never Cook Ar

The other day I kena cornered into cooking.

That ah May girl lah!

"Babe ah, you always blog about your cooking,
but how come we never taste it one?"

So last night, since it was Van's
last night, and May won't be here for too long more
(everybody's getting hitched nowadays man)
and in gratitude for my awesome birthday weekend,
I cooked.

and man was it stressful cos it was the first time
cooking for my friends you know?
sure I've cooked for so many years, 2-3 people at a time
mostly family and boyfriends
but not this many, this much
pressure man.

Some more, I had a long hard day at work
finished late, and rushed to the supermarket
(cos the market was just too much hassle)
once there, found that all the ingredients I had listed in my mind
they didnt have
plans thwarted by Cold Storage

So had to improvise
'Just buy, decide what to do later'

By the time I got to Martin's
(he has a maid to clean up, my house got none)
and his house osso nicer and bigger
it was 7.15, I had told everyone to come at 8.30

Stresssssssss
ask the fucker to carve and skin the pumpkin
all he did was whine about how he might just cut off his
fingers
"Oh it's so hard lew-lew, do I have to? Can't I just make the drinks?"
so I did it.

ask him to make me something alcoholic
he said he had to put the doorknob back in
I said 'You are a door-knob'

But it's okay, he lent us the house.

May and Vans arrived

"Babes, can you guys please just stay in the living room?"
I asked calmly when they fluttered in the kitchen

"Why babe, you dowan help meh?"

"I just can't think with everyone around, need to think.."

"Oooooohh Grouchy!" said Vanessa fluttering her fingers
and widening her eyes in my face

Mahai.

They left because they knew what was good for them.

By 9, all done!

Ana passed up to eat vegetables like a rabbit
Jeanette passed up to go to the vet
Szufen passed because she had lives to save
Fion passed up to stay at home alone

So, it was just Nat, May, Vans, Cel, Rutti, Martin
and I
Us and the buffet
Us and jugloads of lychee, orange and strawberry margaritas
(individual flavors, not mixed..hmmm but i think in the end I mixed)
Us and Taboo
Us and Johnson
Laugh laugh laugh
eat until stuffed.

Cept me, cos when you're the cook, you're never get hungers

6 comments:

Sharizal said...

dammmnnn looks good... im hungry already cheh :p

Anonymous said...

I can i miss out on this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Guys, it was DEEEEELICIOUS!!!!!!!!
Thank you sweetie for the great feast.

Anonymous said...

darling, next round i'll be there with my best fren, CHIVAS ya? :) sorry , vege day is only once a yr....:)

Anonymous said...

Isn't CHIVAS vegetarian???

Anonymous said...

it was soo good ... if i could eat the bones too ,, i so would too .. thanks love