Friday, December 01, 2006

That Feeling Called Love

We are having light-hearted conversation
when she says, randomly, out of the blue
"When did you stop loving Martin?"

Wow, talk about changing the subject, I am taken aback
at something so completely unexpected.

"I just want to know, curious."

But I instantly know her, because
thats they way you try to be with the people
you love, in tune.

"When I left the final time," I say.

And sure, a certain green-eyed hunk may have been
catalyst, but my ex did something the night
I left him, that caused the last tenacious threads
we hung by to snap so completely
made me leave my home of 2 years(3?)
without much more than the clothes on my back.

And after that day, I seriously
knew that it was over for good.

"Why, you still love XXXXXXXXX right?" I say

"I don't know why its taking so long," she says

"Love is like that one, can't control it, it controls you"
I tell her.
"Plus your ends weren't cut clean."

Closure. Such a big thing really.
Never quite lets you move on
till you have it.

Love is so complicated that I've learnt
that its best to keep it simple, not expect
give where you can, take what you're handed
not to fight it; to expect to suffer in some form.

And believe me, I am a pine-r.
Look at me, cloudy days make me depressed
heartache, I positively wallow it.

Its life mah! Feel everything to the max.
=D

Some people get over relationships in the
blink of an eye;
some people claim they love you today,
tomorrow, they're gone

and some hang on, til they do all
they needed to do, til they feel all hope is
gone, or they wait, and who knows?
attain once again.

Some relationships leave such a bad taste in the mouth
that 20 years later, people don't forget
though I don't think that is healthy
I know people just can't help it.

Didn't Tennyson say
"Its better to have loved and lost
than to never have loved at all"?

I particularly like
"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth
until the hour of separation"

2 comments:

Rosalind said...

true....

i asked myself, having to have just ended a 6 yrs union, how long will it take to heal completely, or how long should the heart take to heal...?

Wallowing in all that negativity? i 'enjoy' it too.

Eaglet said...

I dont think there is a set time for each individual. It just happens I guess. We wallow, make peace, let go, all in our own time.