Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sundays

What has become my regular Sunday routine is
Me Day
wake up, decide on somewhere nice to eat
go with a book, lounge, relax, savour.

I woke up today with a huge dimsum craving,
thought about inviting people but couldn't be bothered to wait
for them to come to town

So I set off, book in hand, to Imbi Palace
sat down, ordered tea, har kau, siew mai, some stuffed duck pastry
and pork ribs
And while families and friends teemed and buzzed about me
I savoured, devoured, solitary

Then I walked home, stuffed
took off my clothes, got back into bed resolving to not eat again
today

But then, Lapsap and Allen says "Lets go El Cerdo"
eventually I suggested Neroteca since we didn't have time
to order the El Cerdo specialty in advance

and boy,,, Nero did not disappoint
Teca outdoes Vivo no question
Oven-baked asparagus and manchego topped with speck and truffle oil


Parpadelle with wild boar ragout (sauce iberico)
this dish was stupendous with tender juicy nuggets of wild boar
and basil, made me want to bring daddy

my regular ham & mushroom tagliatelle with additional broccoli
Funghi e Prosciutto
always delumptious, always al dente
always rich but not cloying

the crazy good deli meats, think prosciutto, mortadella, salame

And so, another brilliant Sunday. (=

No comments: