Monday, June 02, 2008

Nimrods

Ever had to deal with nimrods and knowing
that you should be a bitch and make them pay
for their nincompoo-pedness?

Just has to be that your mediator is someone
you don't want to inconvenience
therefore you are nice, you negotiate
you exercise calm and cool.

Yeah thats what happened today when I was told
I should be earning less.

Thats all I am saying.

Shall I recap the past few weeks?

Week one: Girl finds out that man/boy who(claims) he loves her
has been lying to her about certain things(people) for 2 years. within the
same breath as telling her he loves her.
Girl is ill when she finds out.

Week two: Girl's mother's psychiatrist calls
to say mother is on the brink of suicide, made worse by grandmother's death
yes, girl knows because mother has already told her
and girl and younger sister have freaked out and sobbed
to each other on the phone, twelve years and 400km apart

But oh to hear the psychiatrist telling you, thats a different story
all together. Girl invites mother down for a change of scene
girl, mother and friends have a good weekend.

Week three: back to reality, HR calls to say that
there has been a misquote with the appointment contract signed four
months ago, they should be paying me less.

Jeez. I could be freaking but I am chilling.

I am a season dealer of the stresses, yes I am
Rib-eye marinating, onions caramelising
potatoes ready to be sauteed with garlic
Carole King singing 'So Far Away'
glass of shiraz by my side
I am the epitome of zen because I know fate has a hand
and if fate is going to lead me elsewhere, I am ready to go.

No comments: