Saturday, December 10, 2005

About My Day

*Warning general boring run-down with ranty slant ahead*

it is now 1.40 am early Saturday
my day started approximately 19 hours ago
at 6 am, Friday morning.

I'm supposing you can imagine how tired I am.

Since it is rare that I find myself awake and in town
at that wee hour
I took the opportunity to tapau
my favourite roti planta garing with daging
at Argyll Road even though i know by experience
from the average of 4 times a year that
I find myself at that store
that it will give me the massive runs
So today I've suffered
but gladly so.

I have a new phone
and I have next to no money
but but
but
my phone is awesome.

My first meeting started at half-ten
during which I ordered a non-alcoholic
irish cream cappucino
then my boss ordered a Baileys with coffee
I raised an eyebrow "10.30 am a bit to early for alco innit?"
he feigned ignorance
I changed my order.

Thereafer, I rushed to the office to
finish two articles
then packed myself into the downpour and crawling traffic
to cover some charity concert
where as always,
Jaclyn Victor's stunning vocal prowess made my hair stand.

When it was finally done, close to the witching hour
my belly was growling like a tiger
but it being a Friday, I needed alcohol more than food

So off I headed to Mambo
a red wine, a vodka ginger beer
and now look at me
I'm here at home
Happy Happy HAppy!

Finally, it's just me,
Ms World on the TV
giger thins, honey-orange tea
and a sheaf of hand-written letters
saved up for a lonely night
that even though I have yet to read them
I know they will set me aglow
the mere thought that someone would even sit down and hand-write
me so many meaningful sheets
touches me to the very core.

This post has no point.
Actually it does.
I'm just really fucking thrilled that such a long
hard stressful exhaustive
day is over and I'm really fucking glad I'm home.

My weekend may not be the most relaxing,
considering
I have other articles to finish and studying to do
for a french exam
but I'm sure I will delight in my picnic with brother and sister
tomorrow
and some good old fashioned masturbation and long lie ins
with Henry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I know what are giger thins? No one in my kampung seems to know.

Eaglet said...

Solli, I was meaning ginger thins.typo. hehe.