Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The turning of tables

Where last week I was deliriously high on laughter, this week the mood pendulum has swung in the opposite direction.


Let me first bring you up to speed.


On Thursday night I went to dad's spent time with the brothers and had dinner alone with Dad, thus updated him on my life.


On Friday after work I went to volunteer with the girls, it was thoroughly satisfying and I think I am going to try and find the time to work at the orphanage on a regular basis. After that I went home(11.30) arranged my stuff in my new shoe cabinet and bookshelve (yippie! room almost..completed). Then went to meet may and brewster at chillout for a coupla drinks. Zonked out in bed.


Saturday: Woke up early, went snorkelling with dad and bren(yes I plan to make seeing them regular as well). They were spearfishing at Kendy. Caught groupers, mangrove jacks,cobias, and lotsa yellowfin barras. Feasted. Arrived home at midnight utterly pooped from lack of sleep, sun, sea and a thoroughly bored 5 and half year old stuck on a boat. Passed out til woken up early by guard telling me that car was parked in wrong place. Went down-stairs and bumped into ex boyfriend (stalking?!? no,he claims that I wasnt answering my phone so he was worried and came to check on me....). SPent the rest of the day with family.


Let me tell you about my family (maternal side).
My mom is the 8th sibling of 11.

Yes ELEVEN.

Family gatherings, are loud, feeding frenzies accompanied by lots of jokes, laughter and karaoke.
We all love music.

My uncle Ray and his wife Rita just came to visit from Southern California. He has not seen anyone in the family for ages, thus all members of the family living abroad has come down to visit. Can you imagine the riot?

All except one.

My eldest aunt, Priss, lives down under. She has cancer of the breast and the doctors have given her mere weeks.I've only met her twice, but she is one of the coolest aunts ever, and a wonderful person.

While I 've always spent loads of QT with my family, there is a need for more of it now, thus the all day with my family Sunday. It's sad. I don't know what more to say.

No comments: