Wednesday, February 16, 2005

RedBull!you fool!

Its 3.45 pm, Wednesday. My 2nd day back to work after a week's holiday. I have yet to see the colleagues that sit on either side of me, they've both called in sick. As it's just the 3 of us who share this bit of the office, I have its entirety to myself.

Sigh...its demoralising to say the least. Or I'm just lonely. I miss those wackos!

I am down to the dregs of my can of redbull, the first one I've had in god knows how long. I had initially gone down (we're above 7-eleven) for a coffee, but redbull beckoned instead.

I hate this time of the day, its when you start feeling so sleepy, and you just wish you could sneak home to bed, while doing your utmost to keep you head from connecting with the desk. This is what happens when you go for a resort holiday and come back to face work, smog and traffic.

I did well yesterday, went to work, lunched (or rather, coffee-ed) with cel, chatted on the phone with may (why are women so complicated?what has friendship become?)picked the car up from the work shop, had an after-work martini with old college buddies, had dinner with Szufie, did a spot of grocery shopping, saw mom, saw nana, took mom for supper...and finally finally finally home to bed.

But not before I made my Bircher Muesli (which I forgot to eat this morning!),had a steamy shower, and got lost in the last few chapters of 'The Time Traveller's Wife', I cannot decide if the book is outstandingly genius or merely engaging.Well whatever it is, it was enough for me to consider skipping lunch today to go home and read it.

My room is slowly but surely coming along. I've been scouting for bookshelves and a shoe cabinet (why ,I dont know, considering that one-that-shall-not-be-named was wonderful enough to throw half my shoes to the dog, rendering them completely unwearable, then proceeded to haul what was left of my books off the balcony, down 13 floors into the jungle: Thank you!)

Thank God moving fell around Chinese New Year! All those unsuspecting parents that I preyed on for ang pows, you've unwittingly helped me furnish my room and saved me a great deal of future " I'm broke lahs"!