Thursday, February 24, 2005

Pangkor Un-done..A day in my life.

I am as stressed out and wound-up as a spring! (gee aja, what a creative and original use of metaphors..)
Yes my holiday has been undone. I need a holiday now. "Someday I'll fly awayyyyyyyyyyyy...leave all this to yesterdayyyyyyyyyy......"

On Tuesday,my entire(except, nana, Ruth, Jamal and I..i'll get to that) family flew to Australia to be with my aunt. At first, my mom wasn't asked to go, cos she couldnt afford it and I suppose with all the hectic last-minute arrangements, visa obtaining etc. They forgot, that it is very likely the last time they would see their sister and that it would be the last time the 6 sisters are together.
So, I convinced them to take mummy dearest too, and now they are gone!

My predicament, is that I have been left in-charge of the remaining members left here. And these remaining members do not speak to each other. Thus there is no 'killing two birds with one stone' and taking them all out together. No sirreeeee, it has to be each on its own, individual time spent, entertaining, helping with chores, chauffering and the like. And I work.

Today, for instance.My cousin called when i got into work from lunch. She needed me to pick her up from Sg .Ara (45 mins away) take her to buy some stuff and send her home. All before 5pm. I work til 5.45. I left work early.
At 6 I was supposed to send uncle Frank to the airport, then have dinner with Jamal. Then, spend time with Ruth.

Now, 15 mins before I am due for the airport stretch, I find time to update you.

By the time I am done with today, it will be 1 am. Tomorrow I will wake at 8 and go to work.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I'd do anything for them. Today its just hectic. Tiresome. I'm exhausted.

No comments: