Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Waking Up With The Birds

Waking up with the birds....
Just really makes you want to shoot them though doesn't it?

_________

These days, I ponder the fate of relationships in the big smoke.
The survival rate is so low because people are always on the look out for something
better, afraid of being hurt, unwilling to commit, willingly throwing themselves
into the face of temptation, forgetting that it is human nature to err.

There is such a lack of respect in relationships that its scary really,
thus, one's first instinct when things get slightly out of hand, is to run.

I'll admit I am guilty of that myself.

So we leave fate to take the burden, and I wonder, how right is that,
really, isn't it just cowardice on our parts?
Wasn't love about taking risks, chances?
Should we not be grabbing the bull by its horns, going after what we want?

Nay.

We say, if its meant to be, its meant to be. Well, it may never be then.

As society gets more liberal, it also gets more restrictive.
Proper communication is so lacking that people don't stand a chance anymore.
Everyone has their facade, barricades up.

So much so that we can't seem to get out of our own way when it
comes to making things happen for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your writing. Maybe it's because I can so easily relate to it. In any case, I hope you're well. And you haven't replied to my text yesterday.