Friday, March 13, 2009

Solitary Lunch

Today, my eyes are tired.

Lunch today, myself, a steaming, basil-laden bowl of pho

and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly.

Later I sat under the trees, just finished, contemplating the book
If anything, the sheer feat of producing this book makes
one review their own life, are they appreciating it enough
doing enough, living enough

And while I sat, three men sat down next to me
They asked me whether I work in the building
showed interest in the book, asked me about it

And for a split second, I was about to write them off
leave, go about with my own business
when I remembered how Mr PP and I we're having
a discussion about being so quick to write people off
and how I had resolved that I would now give people
a chance.

So I sat and summarised the book, how incredible
and thought provoking it is

As I shared the story, they shared with me other such stories
they told me of their work
then did a sales demo that astounded me
because I cannot speak to strangers like that,
let alone sell.

They asked me about me,
said there was boredom and sadness in my eyes
my background, my work, my daily life

And in the end, of course, asked to exchange numbers.

A card yes, numbers no. Email me.

In the end, it turned out to be enlightening,
to make such a connection however slight.

:)


No comments: