Monday, March 09, 2009

Exhausted!

It is one thirty in the morning in Saigon and dew has begun to settle
I am on the back of a motorbike barrelling down the tree-lined avenue
towards Ben Thanh Market

Save for my driver, I am alone in the wee hours of the morning
and I feel safe, like Copenhagen felt.

We stop at the market, my driver procures a bag of thumbnail sized longans
and hands them to me, we can barely communicate

He takes me around, to sights he thinks might interest me
He patiently takes photo after photo as I starfish :)

Later, wending our way down a street he says
"Madam, I very like you."

I say thank you.

He asks for my number.

I ask to go home.

And that's how my last night in Saigon ended.

Photos on FB and http://picasaweb.google.com/aja.belle/Saigon#.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so grateful for the friends that I am blessed with :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its uncanny, whenever they sense that you no longer think of them,
they always pop up.

But there is no goal to work to
Neither is there...I don't know I don't even know what it was
There's nothing for me to work with or
towards there
There was no communication and everything was
just at surface level
And more passive-ness than passion.

It's like taking up with a brick
when all around you...uh...flowers
are beckoning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I said but two days ago
"I'm leaving in three months."
He said "We'll talk about it when we get home."

Lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: