Monday, December 03, 2007

Because I Promised

Yeah I did. From the bottom of my soles.
Today I promised my ONE blog fan, who checks my blog for updates everyday
and swears a puppy dies each day I don't update
(I shouldn't have laughed at that) so here I am....updating........

What have I been doing besides the freelance work
the occasional work-for-experience-not-money Pangkor Laut jobs
What have I been doing? What indeed?

Well, every occasion I have on the mainland, (yes I am such
a little island-hopper are'nt I?) I buy meat and

we have a barbie on the balcony of our jungle shack, does that count as something?
That's when we flop on the bed, and sink our teeth into juicy lamb-meat
(ahhemmm..I know that's bad english)
and the Bee will devour..devour in silence

And I, I will shake my head in sheer disbelief that I managed to
cook such a great meal when we have a bare semblance of a kitchen
"Mmmmmm..." I will say out loud, speak the Bee's lines for him
" This is sooo good!, how did you do this babe? we don't even have a kitchen!
You're amazing, thank you!" and then for a whole five minutes we will eat in
silence, then the Bee will grunt "Hmmph, yeah babe," he will agree with 'me being him'
this is great!"

I have actively decided to remain permanently unemployed til after the
'festive season' though depending on the festivities in countries and continents that one
follows, the 'festive season' could last forever.

~~~~~~~~~~

So 2 weeks ago, we're driving in Penang, up to Spice Garden cos I miss it
'twas a beautiful, breezy, sunny, shiny Penang day, the kind that makes
you say "thanks lord, for borning me on this island" when what should happen
to make the day go from good to stupendous(!), but a Spice Girls medley come
on on the radio as we weaved our way down the narrow, bendy,
au bord de la mer
road.

Boy, did I really get into that, singing and jiggling my way through
the over-ten-minute musical throwback to the 90s and girl-dom(long gone for me),
WOW, even when we got there I made us stay in the car okay?

Then it was over.
I straightened up, smoothed my hair, my clothing, fanned my flushed cheeks.

The Spice Girls!
Then I turned to the Bee
"Don't tell anyone I got so into that okay?"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew...one puppy lives!

So you voluntarily retrenched yourself? Slothful...

"Boy, did I really get into that, singing and jiggling my way through
the over-ten-minute musical throwback to the 90s and girl-dom." - My brain just cringed.

" Then I turned to the Bee
"Don't tell anyone I got so into that okay?" " ...and then you declare it on your website for strangers to see?!?