Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hey, Hey, Hey!

Lookit! I found a draft I wrote like some 3 weeks ago!

Glasgow Kiss

The title is so not apt but at the moment my head is
throbbing
in such a way that it does feel like I've been given one
though my nose is not broken, nor bleeding
there is a pounding, searing heat running down from my
forehead to the bridge of my nose.

I am sitting at Delicious, 1U, outside, even though it is hot
and
I don't smoke
there seems to be more privacy, more opportunity to people watch
through the glass walls

That Indian girl for instance, wolfing down her spaghetti Carbonara
like there's no tomorrow, table-manners, my friend!
Coffee, water..not helping. Duck curry, so-so. Service, smiley
but the staff seem to come from a different country with limited
understanding in the language we call English.

I've been here 3 days, half-hearted about interviews because this
island-girl simply cannot face living in this smog-filled, car-jammed
scorching hell-pit (me, drama?NO!)

Every night the girls and I have eaten well, quaffed a bottle of reisling
and basically indulged in emo lamentations about the opposite sex
(that or bimboistic statements that have us all cracking up like hyenas)

This is what I needed, see.

Escape, solace.

It always starts with the Bee, because when things are fine with the Bee,
life is perfection, no matter if the sun is shining, if I am having a fat day,
if jealous cows are spreading vicious rumours about me, The Bee makes it all
seem like nothing.

Oh but when things are bad...lemme tell you.
They are godawful why-the-hell-do-we-bother-just-
throw-me-in-the-lion-pit kinda awful.

So, I had resigned, and gone back to Penang for a week,
then I go off to see the Bee and the first day I am there, he forgets me
forgets I am there,he forgets that I am there solely to see him
I am no longer working, and cant use the facilities so I am like a boxed up
pet in our(his) jungle room.

"Call me for lunch when you go to the canteen" I say,
because he's working and I understand that the only time I get to see him is at his breaks,and that way I wont have to eat alone.
"Definately" is the confident reply.

Later " Where are you?"
"Oh I am at the canteen, sorry, I forgot"

He calls back, apologises, I let it go.
(much later I found out he was talking to a pretty female
receptionist type, during lunch too! though he claims it was about me.)

Later that evening, I call again, I have been walking around the room in circles
out of my mind with boredom.
He's at the canteen, again, having 'tea'.


Maybe I am a psycho-bitch-girlfriend-from-hell who has no right to be upset
that I don't even cross the mind of this man-boy who hasn't seen me for a week, or maybe I am just normal.

So when Blue called to say he wanted to go to Penang,
I decided why not go back?

and driving back it dawned on me that this was the first time I had
willingly chosen to do something else over spending time with the Bee.

Milestone.

So I asked for a break, to sort myself out, get my head around things.
And the


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that is where my draft stopped. Because my girlfriend came
sauntering into Delicious.

"Ja, why can't you just be a good,understanding stay-at-home girlfriend?"
said Zach, half-joking to me when I rained my problems down on him.

As you can tell, all is fine with the Bee and I now,
I have just gotten used to the fact that I cannot go crazy
just because he is working and I am stuck at home
and he..well he's been very good at not forgetting me.


No comments: