Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reminding Me of GB

Stepping out of home today, they sky was ominous, low;
perfect day for cuddling in bed, or wallowing in a broken heart
or eating a huge motherfucker of a bowl of beef noodles
as I told someone

Arriving in the office, I announced "Did you see the weather out?"
"Its dark and damp and dreary!Just makes me want to go out and play!"
to this I jumped up and down,
then turned my heel and skipped from my colleague's office.

Outside, the trainees have collapsed in a fit of giggles.

What am I, a freak show?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
huge, big argument with someone online
reduces me to tears
we make up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue and I meet for lunch
I take him somewhere new, he commends me on my find
throughout lunch, he chatters, incessant, giving me ten different
microshades of the same subject
I subtly raise my eyebrow, half listening
"What, am I rambling?"

and later as we link arms and fall into step
he says one thing, and I will not listen, then 5 mins later
echo the thought, and he'll say 'But I just said that'
and I'll say "You did?"
put on repeat

We talk, we walk, there is no hesitation about crossing roads
its automatic that we are, so we just scurry, no checking with each other
at the door, we unlink, not stopping, separating
"Have a nice day!" I say as we both disappear out of peripheral visions.

And then I came home to poo.
I did it!

No comments: