Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Comfortable Liar

I am lying in bed, sick, weak
I've been feeling queasy all day, puked a few times
no idea why, doctor gave me some stuff
wish he had given me more, but then again you are not worth it.

To add to that, the pain
Liars always get found out, didn't you know?
What goes around comes around, didn't you know?
It happens, fate and always people get found out in
their lies, even the ones who lie so comfortably.

So many photos of you happy,
but your photographer remains unnamed
I am not even a speck on your landscape
And I don't know you, I don't know you

This life that you keep from me,
This other person you pretend to be with me
This other person who pretends to love,
to be so genuine, how can one person have so many faces?

The you that I know is a fake
Always inconsistent, never dependable
only consistent in your inevitable betrayal

In all the truth I took the effort to tell
For everyone, I got lies in return
Lies that you took the care to repeatedly look me
in the eyes while you told them.

So go and be you, shake of your fake facade,
You are lost to me, and I am to you.

1 comment:

the frou fr0u one said...

i sooo sooo soo get every word for word you wrote here....