Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chat

I am chatting with my three aunts
who are together in Singapore
One from Penang, on from Japan, one from Singapore

They have been sad they say, thinking of my mother
feeling guilt for not being there enough,
solitary, weepy
so they've come together for support (and shopping)
and things are slightly better.

I remember the last time I was in SG, the same three aunts
plus one

And we were playing cards, eating Chinese devil curry
and aunt Nat said " I wish Mina were here"
and then everyone snapped at her for, thinking but not doing
but I guess in our own ways, we all did what we could

They tell me that they have to go, they got
"Noodles and then shopping"
They tell me they love me

"Have fun!" I say
"Don't die".

1 comment:

barricudda said...

Good to see you back !